No?
Ah, who cares! Anyway here is one of the reasons why I reinstalled the whole system. I am currently making a new ports collection for the gnome project, based on the default 2.14 ports tree found at crux.nu.
The new one is called gnome-be. The be stands for bleeding edge, not belgium or benelux, or whatever you might think it means.
'nough shit! Here are the screenshots:

You can see my nice desktop here. Not the default gnome look though. Don't expect it to be! Some open console screens, cool background image. Gaim v.2.0.0beta3, which by the way is awfully buggy under Linux, but is rock solid under Windows.
Nothing fancy or new here. gThumb integration with Nautilus. Final word on Nautilus. Rock solid and fast, especially compared to what it was in the begining.
The new Dictionary and Disk Usage Analyzer. Good. I don't know if there was DUA before, this is the first time I see this tool, not that I'll stop using df -h sometime soon (or ever in that matter), but it is good. It can also search files, although I haven't tested that function yet.
Something new that will be in 2.16, at least that is what I learned from Miguel's blog. Tomboy is a cool gnome-panel applet. You can add notes, search in them, it also does a spell checking on the fly with gtkspell. It requires mono, gtk-sharp2 => 2.10 and gnome-sharp => 2.16. It crashed several times, but I seem to have constant problems with the gnome panel anyway. It seems like a new rebuild is coming either today or tomorrow. I have to manage all the ports that are scattered around though before I can do a final (or RC) rebuild.
No comments:
Post a Comment